7 Days and 7 Nights

Well it has been 7 days and about 7 nights of my first job. The nights I spend thinking about my job and processing how I need to handle certain things. At times I feel confident and at ther times I'm not quite sure how to hang on. Yesterday I felt bombarded by people who have been with the company for quite some time. It was my first Saturday, which is a big day for us, and many people were not very patient with me. Nor did many of them take the time to recognize that I'm new. But I realize that to them, I am not necessarily that important. They just need the right information, not a handshake or a "how are you?". That's fine. But it was when a parent said told me how I should do things that really made me realize that I needed to define some boundaries. When I firmly responded she said "I thought you were going to come in anew and get a handle on things." Wow. I had to step back. I had to take a breather. Some parents are more nervous than their own children. Note to self.

Overall, however, I feel good about my decisions and I like the children. The children are very nice and have been welcoming and fun. Today I will go in to help out the director since the artistic director is travelling right now. I offered to come in and help out with rehearsals. Tomorrow I will take the day off.

Brent' brother came to visit with his girlfriend. We had dinner last night at Flattop Grill. All you can eat make your own stirfry. Yum. We had good conversation. We talked openly about family, goals, and stuff like that. Back home it's not always common to have such open communication. Brent and I really try to progress in that way and recognize when we need to push each other to speak honestly. His brother has been somewhat estranged from the rest of the family, we talked about forgiveness and knowing when its your responsibility to reach out and when it is not. We were very happy to see him and get some of these feelings out.

Tomorrow I will see one of my friends for the first time in weeks! When I was unemployed I had so much free time. Lately, I feel holed up. She and I will get coffee and perhaps work on our duet from Wicked. We plan to sing it at a caberet bar soon. The song is called For Good. It's about the two witches telling each other that know matter what, because they knew each other, they have been changed for good. Sometimes we don't always see that because if someone upsets us and we stop being friends, we don't realize that no matter what they have changed and affected our lives. I guess its easier to come to that realization once you reach a certain age or maturity.

Anyway, those are my thoughts this morning. Wow. This EARLY morning. Good Day to you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You weren't unemployed - you were underemployed. You were still working at least 25 hrs a week! Nothing like the 50 you worked this week -

Popular Posts