Dear Kohls Department Store

Dear Kohls Department Store,
I like to think of myself as youthful. While my age doesn't necessarily reflect the generation of Hollister T's or asscrack jeans, I keep in shape and attempt to wear clothes that don't make me look like I'm getting ready to pick up my water tank and then head over to the dry cleaners. You can tell by my profile picture I am a woman of high fashion.
In a recent visit to your juniors section I found clothes that I like. In your womens department I find clothes that my mother may wear. Or Erma Bombeck. Now, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the juniors section intended for those who want to keep up with style? Or if you want to buy a long sleeve t-shirt that doesn't have leaf prints on it or comes in a color other than mint green you pretty much shop in the juniors department, correct?
Well, as I was saying, I was shopping in your juniors department and picked up a long sleeve t-shirt. It was a medium. Well HOLY SQUASHBUCKLES that shirt looked like a onsie for an infant! Well then I figured I would have to buy a large. I picked up a large. HOLY CHRISTBUTTFUNGUS that shirt looked like it was made special for Jennifer Aniston's leg.
So my question is this: What the fuck kind of message are you sending?
Perhaps my bodess has grown out of the 12 year old body that it once was. But it didn't skip from 12 to 28. Where are the clothes that women can wear and feel good about their bodies? And when I say women I mean ages 16-35 if so be it. Hell if a woman is 75 and wants to wear a shirt that says "My boyfriend is out of town" then more power to her!
So, are you a) trying to say that if I can't fit into the size of a 12 year old I should be wearing a moo moo? b) suggesting that this is the average size? Aye yi yi!! or c) skimping out on material? You could at least add a nice accesory with the leftover material-a sweatband perhaps for all the hard workouts we'll need to wear the shirt.
My concern is sincere even though my letter is somewhat humorous and poking fun at you. But hey, that's better than you poking fun at my inability to wear that shirt that you label an XXL.
Sincerely,
JNH
Voices for Women Incorporated

Comments

Popular Posts