Hip Mom Gets Alcohol Poisoning at Frat Bash

Delta Zeta Chi at Indiana University, Bloomington was the site of tragedy for 45 year old Holly Hale. Hale was rushed to the emergency room on Saturday April 23, 2005 after consuming so much alcohol that she passed out on a coffee table in one of the fraternity bedrooms.

Hales daughter, Brittney Hale, had invited her mother to her sorority's first joint party with the Delta Zeta house. "My mom and I are best friends. We do everything together," stated Hale junior. The two got matching outfits for the big bash to celebrate Brittney's successful rush experience.

According to fraternity members, Mrs. Hale began drinking when Brittney brought her mom over to the fraternity house at 10 a.m. They played frisbee and had some 'brewskies'- a name some witnesses said Hale overused throughout the evening. "Mrs. Hale is pretty hot and she was chugging beers with me and my brothers," said Delta vice president Mark Chumsky. However, some say Hale started acting 'out of sorts' by having her own wet t-shirt contest and asking passersby if they wanted to smoke dope. "She was kind of embarrassing me but I'd never tell her that. We're best friends," says daughter Hale.

Around 3 p.m. Mrs. Hale passed out on the Delta Zeta Chi lawn for a "short nap" as she later explained when found at 8 p.m. She awoke ready to continue with the festivities. But things got out of hand when Mrs. Hale was found in the cafeteria having sex with Brittney's boyfriend. "We're fine with it now, it was hard at first. But we're best friends. I love my mom."

According to Mrs. Hale she continued to "booze it up" because of her own embarrassment. Eventually she found herself in a young man's room where a bottle of Hot Damn and Jagermeister were being passed around for a round of "I Never"-a game in which a person drinks when they have actually done something that another person says they have never done. "I remember that I said I never did coke before and Mrs. Hale drinks AND pulls a bag of coke out of her purse. It was bad ass," recalls 21 year old Delta member Jake Graber. Hale passed out cold an hour later on his coffee table.

An ambulance was called immediately. Brittney joined her mother on the ride to the hospital. "I had sobered up so I could drive us home. If I had been drunk it would have been harder to handle."

Hale has fully recovered and is back in the swing of things. "I'm glad she's Ok, we're going to an Ashlee Simpson concert next weekend," says Brittney.

Comments

Popular Posts